flower

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tis the Season.

Welp, guess what? School starts back up tomorrow. Not super excited by this. But I am not totally upset either. I am ready for routine. I have found that the longer I stay home the more upset I get with myself. Does anyone else do that? ugh. It's maddening. I always wake up super motivated the first day of break and want to do this, this and this... oh wait, this too. Guess what gets done, 7 million loads of laundry, the tree is up and my family is fed. The big picture, not too shabby. However, I am a very motivated artistic, dreamer of important schtuff and although I am only motivated to be a procrastinator, I would like the damn opportunity to get something on my pinterest done. OH WAIT.. did you just hear that.. the real problem just surfaced. Pinterest, you make me hate myself. You give me hope that I will be fabulous and that its so easy.. blah blah blah and now look at me. Hating life because you over inspired me.
Its whatever.
Lets move onto the next reason why going back to work is a good great thing.  If I don't go back to work, I am going to ruin my kid. That's right, RUIN. He's so snugly that all I do is hold him, and nap with him. Which by the way is against the rules at our house. The "big bed" is for mommy and daddy only, unless its Sunday for our family nap, or we are sick. Then the "big bed" becomes a cesspool of yuck. I have managed to make him HATE bottles, HATE food and HATE going to bed on his own. Yep that's right.. I managed all this in 2 weeks.I ROCK. I am terrified for the summer. We are the parents gosh dern and you betcha  he will do what we say. So you guessed it. I made a bottle. WAHH.. on the floor. I made him food. WAHH... on the curtain. Going to bed soon.. I bet its going to be saddest thing I have ever listened to. I mean, for real, I can hear his lip assuming the frowny face position.
I digress.
Going back to school also gives me the opportunity to mentor a little lady, as I will be getting a student teacher. Rock on. That's a whole other blog post. But I am super pumped to meet her, and she is from O'Fallon, so she will get my "O'Fallon-ness". Although, I will say, I am a little nervous because she has a legit Chem Degree.. and I am a Biology Degree in a Chemistry Teacher's Body. So this must mean that she is smarter than me. Which is great, I am going to learn so much from her. Hurraaaahhh! I am also scared that my kids will like her more than me. which is fine I guess, but its still a weird feeling.

as I sit here and type, I noticed that I still have my black fingernail polish on. damn. yet another thing I forgot to do over break. piss.

Anyways, I have things to pin on pinterest so I will end it here.

Happy Last Night of Winter Break.

Signed,
Debbie Downer, Pinterest Addict, and Mother of a Ruined Child.

Megaroni

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate with wanting to get back into a routine--being home all the time is not fun...and yes, damn you pinterest for making everything look so fabulous! Nothing I have done has turned out quite as beautiful lol.

    Hope your student teacher does well for you!

    ReplyDelete