flower

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Grocery List gone Haywire

This post began as a grocery list as I sit on the couch with swollen feet, 39 weeks pregnant and a toddler that is sweeter than candy today. As I was writing my grocery I looked over to check on Camden and he was looking up at the TV fake singing to sesame street and dancing back and forth. What a happy baby. Yes. He will always be my baby.

I don't know if its because I know Andie will be here soon or what, but I'm noticing that my little guy is actually turning into a young boy. I am flooded with many many emotions as we near the end of our second pregnancy, which is probably our last. That's a whole other post about that craziness.

Andie was not planned, but as I have said before... She was given to us for a reason and we are SO excited to meet her. On the other side of the coin, did we jip Camden of being an only child for a little longer?

I found myself crying the other night because I realized he would never remember life as the three of us. He will never remember the nights that Travis and I just sat and watched him in awe or the mornings when Travis and I would both go into his room and wake him up because we were so excited to be with him. He has a hold of both our hearts and now I'm sad that he won't remember how much effort and love we put into him as our one and only. Is this insane??

I was an only child for 10 years and I remember all the memories of my childhood, but I also can't imagine not having my brother. He truly is a blessing to me, and I am confident that Camden will be there for Andie and they will grow up to be the best of friends and worst of enemies :)

I have this overwhelming feeling of love as I try and give Camden all that I've got in this last week of the three of us. What an amazing 20 months its been. We have gone through so much as a family and it makes me soo proud to see that sweet smile on our sons face, proving to us, that despite all of the crazy in our lives we have succeeded in keeping the most important thing safe and sound.. The happiness of our son and the love between us.

Better get off the Internet- I have a son to spoil.

Hugs-
Megs



1 comment: