flower

Monday, January 14, 2013

One week down.... I need a nap

Well, we made it to Indiana a day late, apparently they get snow and a lot of it. So we packed up the jeep and the truck, and headed East. Camden was in his carseat surrounded by little pieces of our life from Illinois. Although it was incredibly bittersweet and difficult I knew the only pieces that mattered were the little boy in the back seat and the big boy in the truck in front of me.
I grew up being 5 minutes from every part of my family and seeing them whenever I wanted. When we moved to red bud I felt like I was 5 hours away and it killed me. Now that I really am 5 hours away its been an emotional roller coaster.

For 6 months I was without my husband and it was so hard. Only seeing him on the weekends was such a tease. Now that we are back together we are back in our first year of marriage again... Figuring out how to live together again.. That's a whole other post :-)

Camden is the one who we worry about... And he is perfect. As long as he has his mom, dad, Ollie, blanky, paci and crib he's good to go.

The first week being settled and alone with Camden was scary. I learned that being a stay at home mom is so hard. I mean real hard. You lose a sense of yourself and resort to Elmo and chicken fingers, oh, and the alphabet song! I've also learned that since I was at work, at class, etc Camden and I really haven't been mom and cam.. For a long period of time (since maternity leave). This makes me sad. I've been molding 140 "other people's kids" for nearly 5 years, and my little guy is just know learning from his mom. Tear.

My mom never stayed home with me, but I always felt like she had it together and wore 765 hats to get it all done. I have about 2 hats right now and I'm DAMN tired.

I've learned that I need to sloooooow down. Cherish every moment, the good, the bad and the ugly.

I have a lot of changing, growing up, and relaxing to do.

I feel I deserve a bag of Milano cookies for making it through the first week.... Don't mind if I do!!

Camden is such a cool kid and I thank all of the special people who helped him grow into the young dude he is today while I was at work!! The Bumblebeez staff, Tracy, Mom, Ma and Grammy, thank you!

-Love and hugs-
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment