flower

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Content

Today could not have been more perfect. I woke up at 6 am to find my husband downstairs in his recliner when he was supposed to be hunting. He had coffee going, and the fire place lit. For some strange reason, it felt like Christmas morning. Today was the last day that the four of us could hang out as our little family until seester comes home. We chose to wear our pajamas all day, eat candy corn and lay on the floor playing cars. No one yelled, no one cried, it was awesome.
Travis was exceptionally hilarious, helpful and loving today. He climbed into Camden's crib to read him stories, cleaned the dishwasher, made lunch, loved our kids, and made me laugh and feel like we were dating again.
As many of you know, T and I have been through a lot of things this past year. More than I would have expected to go through before I was 40. Selling our home, being apart, getting pregnant, finding out our baby had downs, finding out she didn't, raising a two year old, getting a masters degree, quitting jobs, leaving friends, moving, buying a house, jumping into the family business, having a baby, financial hardships, and preparing for surgery. Since we have been through so much, we have been hard pressed to find time to date or to have light hearted conversation. Today was the day! It just seemed to work again. It was amazing and needed.

Monday is the day that we've been worrying about since November 16, 2012 when our lives changed forever. It seems like a lifetime ago when that Doctor told me and convinced me that my daughter would have a very hard life ahead of her. I would have never thought that we would be fixing her just 27 days shy of a year. I'm not naive and know that we are not out of the woods yet, and that my friends, makes my heart uneasy.

But tonight, I'm going to remember how awesome today was, and how it felt to not have a care in the world for the first time in almost a year. Drink a glass of wine with my husband and not care about the toys thrown around the house, or if I remembered to give Andie her medicine (which I did), or what doctors appts we have this week, or if Trav has socks for work. Instead I am going to sit here and just breathe ....with my best friend beside me, feeling content in this moment.

Xo
Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment