flower

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Seriously? You're kidding? No? Yes?

All these comments were the words out of Trav's and my mouth on August 12 when we found out we were going to be parents to another child. Then we quickly realized we had to continue to parent Camden... Holy _____ we will have TWO!!

I'm going to be very candid and honest. I wasn't jumping for glee and sending out streamers and fireworks this time. Although I've always been the wild ass kid, the one who "made" everyone do the bad things... I am a planner. This my friends, was not planned. We live with our parents, in different states for goodness sake! How could this Happen? Well I won't paint a picture or explain, we all took biology.. I used to teach it.. You'd think I'd listen to myself!! :-)

After the crying stopped and Travis gave me his "once a year" hug, I knew it was going to be ok. The excitement set in. I still worry, a lot, but that's normal I think. After I met my sweet angel #2 all my thoughts of why? Went away. I have a baby in my belly who will be Cams best friend, or worst nightmare, a little person who will add awesomeness to our life, and who will give me the opportunity to cherish all the firsts again.

I'm not super religious, but I do think stuff happens for a reason. I believe with every part of my red self that this sweet surprise was given to us for a purpose.

Now that I have a grasp on this pregnancy, I'm looking forward to all it has to offer. I'm done beating myself up over thinking those weird thoughts in the beginning. I think they are healthy, because as all us parents know..it's definitely not rainbows and unicorns.. Well ever.

The not yet glowing mom-
Megs

1 comment:

  1. I understand where you're coming from and would have the same reaction if I had a surprise #2. But you'll get there and it will be wonderful. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete